Music Monday: Brain Dead by Alex Goot


If you don't know who Alex Goot is...you should remedy this immediately. You can look him up on Spotify or the YouTube, then sit back and prepare to be amazed. Not only does he have a nice little collection of amazing songs that he wrote, but his covers are just breath taking interpretations...yes, even one's like Call Me Maybe.

This Music Monday is about one of his original songs titled "Brain Dead" of his new album 'Wake Up Call'.

I don't know what draws me into this song more: the catchy beat in the intro, Alex's crisp clear vocals, or the lyrics that show how damaged people can get in relationships without realizing it.

"I have no clue how I'm with you
And I've started to realize
I've been brain dead all this time."

It's such a paradox to me because the song itself is so upbeat despite that lyrics intention when you really listen.

I still adore it though...I would go so far as to say it's my favorite off his new album...

But be sure to check out the whole thing!! Let me know which is your favorite!


This entry was posted on Monday, June 30, 2014 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply